Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An alert on my iPhone 12 says that there is a unknown part for my camera. There are no unknown parts I bought this directly from the Apple store. My camera appears to be functioning fine what do you recommend I do?

An alert on my iPhone 12 pro says my camera has an unknown part. It does not have an unknown part as I bought this directly from the Apple store. My camera seems to be functioning fine. What do you recommend I do?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 2:57 PM

It happens sometimes if it "thinks" that there was a new part that was installed but where there wasn't a proper system reset. I've heard of this happening when salvage parts were installed from another iPhone, where Apple obviously won't help out with the reset.]

With an original part where it's just gone haywire, you should be able to have it reset, regardless of whether or not it's still in warranty.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 2:57 PM in response to Phyllismcguire1

It happens sometimes if it "thinks" that there was a new part that was installed but where there wasn't a proper system reset. I've heard of this happening when salvage parts were installed from another iPhone, where Apple obviously won't help out with the reset.]

With an original part where it's just gone haywire, you should be able to have it reset, regardless of whether or not it's still in warranty.

An alert on my iPhone 12 says that there is a unknown part for my camera. There are no unknown parts I bought this directly from the Apple store. My camera appears to be functioning fine what do you recommend I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.