Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Enter Text in Keynote

I'm using Keynote for almost the first time. I've created one slide by adding an image, now I'm trying to add a second slide with bullet points. However, when I try to overtype the placeholder text with my own, I find it is not allowed. The placeholder text remains in place and I continually get error beeps. I just cannot figure out what is wrong. The same problem occurs with any other type of slide, such a a title slide. I've checked the presentation title and the docuemnt is not locked.

Brian Smale

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 1:52 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 10, 2022 4:35 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks, Gary. In fact, yesterday, I followed exactly the instruction in the user guide that you've mentioned and tried to add a bullet slide. It came up with a template showing Bullet Level 1, Bullet Level 2 (indented), Bullet Level 3 (further indented), and so on. I could not select and overwrite any the the placeholder text; I just got error pings as I mentioned previously. Just now, I tried again to add a bullet slide and it's appearance was different - just one line of text that I could freely edit.

So what the heck was going on yesterday remains a complete mystery. Anyway, all is well now.

Best regards,

Brian

Cannot Enter Text in Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.