Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get Not Secure Site when I have been on the site before

I am getting Not Secure Site error. How come I have been on this site many times and it gives me this error?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 11:41 AM

It's a recent macOS / Safari feature. Nothing has changed, other than the fact when you load a website that has chosen to not use SSL (a secure protocol for website traffic) Safari will let you know in a manner that can't be overlooked.

In the past, you would have had to notice it yourself by the lack of a "lock" icon in the URL field. Apparently no one looks at those things any more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 11:41 AM in response to JoeToledo

It's a recent macOS / Safari feature. Nothing has changed, other than the fact when you load a website that has chosen to not use SSL (a secure protocol for website traffic) Safari will let you know in a manner that can't be overlooked.

In the past, you would have had to notice it yourself by the lack of a "lock" icon in the URL field. Apparently no one looks at those things any more.

I get Not Secure Site when I have been on the site before

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.