Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For some reason, the option to "enable messages in iCloud" is not available on my brand new iMac

Despite being logged into the same Apple ID across all devices and doing several restarts, I still don't have this option. This means that I am unable to sync my iMessage history to my new device, which severely inhibits my workflow.

Any tips?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 8:14 PM

See the article Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

In the Messages app on your Mac, use the Settings pane of iMessage preferences to change options for your iMessage account.

To change these preferences, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. If you’re not signed in to iMessage, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Next. If you don’t have an Apple ID, click Create Apple ID.

Note : after sign in with Apple ID and password the option to enable messages will automatically appear read Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 8:14 PM in response to emilyisplaying

See the article Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

In the Messages app on your Mac, use the Settings pane of iMessage preferences to change options for your iMessage account.

To change these preferences, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. If you’re not signed in to iMessage, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Next. If you don’t have an Apple ID, click Create Apple ID.

Note : after sign in with Apple ID and password the option to enable messages will automatically appear read Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

For some reason, the option to "enable messages in iCloud" is not available on my brand new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.