Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods are not popping up on the devices tab what can I do?

My AirPods are dead but they are not popping up on devices so I can get a last known location.What can I do

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 8:46 AM

Hello,

If your AirPods are out of Bluetooth range, out of charge, or in the case with the cover closed, Find My won't give a current location. You just have to find them manually by looking for them. However, Find My may list the most recent location where they were last connected. Note: with iOS 15 other Apple devices can sometimes help to locate missing devices.

See this for more detail:

How to find your lost AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 8:46 AM in response to rashawn130

Hello,

If your AirPods are out of Bluetooth range, out of charge, or in the case with the cover closed, Find My won't give a current location. You just have to find them manually by looking for them. However, Find My may list the most recent location where they were last connected. Note: with iOS 15 other Apple devices can sometimes help to locate missing devices.

See this for more detail:

How to find your lost AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max

Good luck.

Mar 11, 2022 9:06 PM in response to rashawn130

rashawn130 Said:

"My AirPods are not popping up on the devices tab what can I do?: My AirPods are dead but they are not popping up on devices so I can get a last known location.What can I do"

-------

Revealing AirPods' Last Location:

Use Find My: Use the Find My App to Locate a Missing Device or Item - Apple Support

If Find My was enabled with these, then you may be able to find them there. Note that this is based off of the last time the device they were connected to was itself connected to the internet. This is because AirPods are not assigned their own IP Addresses. So, use a site like Mapquest to backtrack to this location.

My AirPods are not popping up on the devices tab what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.