Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen sensitivity

My iPad screen is not working properly - it will not respond when I touch it in certain places - at the moment I can not do a forced shutdown as that part of the screen is not responding.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:35 AM

If you're sure that nothing (cover or screen protector) interferes with your touch screen, try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 15-30 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 11:35 AM in response to Monty_Revenger

If you're sure that nothing (cover or screen protector) interferes with your touch screen, try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 15-30 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Screen sensitivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.