Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Website block for child’s IPad

Does anyone share an Apple ID with their kids iPad and know how to block websites without blocking them on your own devices?

I’m trying to block YouTube… but google is only giving me options to limit adult sites or make an “only allowed” list.

I still want to be able to access all “adult”sites on my phone but since my Apple ID is shared it’s making my settings the same.

I can’t make them a new apple account as any paid apps they have are all under my account.

I’ve tried the family share set up and it’s also not working. As soon as I set up any screen time settings or blocking it immediately does it on my phone as well.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 1:49 PM

Bbousquet wrote:

I can’t make them a new apple account as any paid apps they have are all under my account

This is incorrect, and is the key to your future success.

Each individual, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support.

Then, as the above article describes, use Family Sharing to allow access to the apps you own.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 1:49 PM in response to Bbousquet

Bbousquet wrote:

I can’t make them a new apple account as any paid apps they have are all under my account

This is incorrect, and is the key to your future success.

Each individual, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support.

Then, as the above article describes, use Family Sharing to allow access to the apps you own.

Website block for child’s IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.