Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP ME FIND IMEI !!!!

Where can I find my IMEI number on a phone that is icloud locked?

Good Afternoon,

I recently purchased an iPhone online and when I went to use it, it is iCloud locked!

Case of the Mondays I guess. I am now having to bypass and reset my email which I can do

but I have come to a halt in needing the phones IMEI number. It usually is in small print

on the outside of the physical phone but I am not seeing it.

Can somebody PLEASE HELP ME locate this or find a way to search this

Greatly Appreciated in advance,

Gavin Kerr

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 2:21 PM

Hello ~ Is the iPhone activation locked? If so…you have a problem. You need to contact the person/persons you purchased the iPhone from and have them remove it. If they cannot or will not then send it back for a refund. You will not be able to use the device if this is the case. Take a look here:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 2:21 PM in response to Morganville777

Hello ~ Is the iPhone activation locked? If so…you have a problem. You need to contact the person/persons you purchased the iPhone from and have them remove it. If they cannot or will not then send it back for a refund. You will not be able to use the device if this is the case. Take a look here:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

Mar 11, 2022 2:39 PM in response to Morganville777

You’re here, which means the seller is likely gone, which means no refund and no original purchase receipts and no Activation Lock unlock. Which means you got scammed. You bought what is likely a lost or stolen iPhone.

The IMEI and the serial number will not allow remote tracking of this device, and are unrelated to removing Activation Lock.

We cannot help you bypass Activation Lock and access this device, and absent sufficient proof of purchase receipts from the original sale—which you undoubtedly lack, if this follows the usual pattern of fraudulent sales—Apple will not help.

You can contact eBay, though they likely won’t warranty this purchase. Same for reporting the fraudulent purchase to police, if that contact is an option for you. Which means you’re left to recycle this device. Yes, recycle. It’s not going to be useful to you.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Oh, and one of the other scams is to sell an iPhone with no Activation Lock, but to get the IMEI blacklisted shortly after purchase, which means the seller reported it as stolen and pocketed your purchase payment and probably also collected a replacement iPhone, and the carrier is unlikely to remove the backlist. Which makes these iPhone purchases equally useless to the buyer.

Mar 11, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Morganville777

What do you mean by "online"? eBay? Some other sort of unsafe venture? If yes, then it's highly likely you bought a stolen phone. Having the IMEI, serial number or anything else will do you absolutely no good.

The only way to remove Activation Lock is for the person who put it on there to release it, or give you the ID and password it's asking for. Without that, you will forever own a small, expensive brick.

HELP ME FIND IMEI !!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.