Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a question regarding my iCloud

I had backed up my icloud and just last night all my photos were on my icloud thru the internet. This morning there’s only 200 photos on my icloud. I deleted the photos from my phone because they were already on the icloud. Can someone help me? Is there any way I can look for the photos or are they gone?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:43 PM

I had backed up my icloud

iCloud is not a backup, it is a syncing service.

I deleted the photos from my phone because they were already on the icloud.

They were on both, until you deleted them from your iPhone which deleted them from both your iPhone and iCloud.

Is there any way I can look for the photos or are they gone?

If they are in your Recently Deleted photos folder you can recover them. If you deleted the from Recently Deleted they are gone.

On your iPhone open Photos.

At the foot of the screen touch on Albums, scroll down to Recently Deleted - this will have the bin icon. Touch on Recently Deleted to open that folder.

From there you can touch on Select in the top right corner, then Recover All in the bottom right corner, provided there are items to recover of course.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 11:43 PM in response to Annettem8

I had backed up my icloud

iCloud is not a backup, it is a syncing service.

I deleted the photos from my phone because they were already on the icloud.

They were on both, until you deleted them from your iPhone which deleted them from both your iPhone and iCloud.

Is there any way I can look for the photos or are they gone?

If they are in your Recently Deleted photos folder you can recover them. If you deleted the from Recently Deleted they are gone.

On your iPhone open Photos.

At the foot of the screen touch on Albums, scroll down to Recently Deleted - this will have the bin icon. Touch on Recently Deleted to open that folder.

From there you can touch on Select in the top right corner, then Recover All in the bottom right corner, provided there are items to recover of course.

I have a question regarding my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.