Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Safari Quit Unexpectedly"

When asking to open Safari, I get "Safari Quit Unexpectedly" notice and none of the options to fix it works at this time. I tried software update, but I am up-to-date with that. Please, I need assistance to get Safari to work again.

My Mini Mac is updated, I have logged off and shut down and restarted the computer. I'm afraid if I go "clicking around" of messing up the computer as I don't know enough about what I am doing.

Thanks,

Moe

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 7:17 AM

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 replies

Mar 13, 2022 7:53 AM in response to Moe of MoeCorpApple

Actually there is a way to get Safari.

Since Safari is baked right into the version of OS installed now - generally Apple does not offer a Standalone Installer of Safari.

The only way would be to restart in Recovery Mode ( Intel Command +r ) or Apple Silicon M1 and then choose " Reinstall macOS "

This will download the version of OS associated with this computer ( should be Big Sur ) and commence the installation.

In Theory, it will replace any damaged, missing or corrupted elements of the OS without touching System Preferences, Setting, Personal Files and Applications.

In good conscience - do a Time Machine Backup   Before attempting the above

Mar 13, 2022 7:38 AM in response to PRP_53

Well, I never was able to get to safe mode. Somehow, don't ask me how, able to connect Google Chrome to open instead of Safari. Now when I want to go to a link from an email, Chrome opens up the link. I wanted to reinstall the App for Safari, but am not able to find "just Safari" in the app store.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to get to the correct place.

Moe

"Safari Quit Unexpectedly"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.