Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my MacBook say “your iPhone is not configured to allow calls using this mac”

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 6:09 AM

Dear MariiQuestions,

It is possible to use other Apple devices (when using the same Apple ID) to pick up it call you get on your iPhone. I believe you turned this feature off, and that is why you are getting this notification.

If you dont what to get the notification any more you can click the cancel option.

If you would like to enable the feature, be sure to follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
  • On your Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then select Calls From iPhone.

Hope it helps :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 6:09 AM in response to MariiQuestions

Dear MariiQuestions,

It is possible to use other Apple devices (when using the same Apple ID) to pick up it call you get on your iPhone. I believe you turned this feature off, and that is why you are getting this notification.

If you dont what to get the notification any more you can click the cancel option.

If you would like to enable the feature, be sure to follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
  • On your Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then select Calls From iPhone.

Hope it helps :)

Why does my MacBook say “your iPhone is not configured to allow calls using this mac”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.