Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore an email back to auto-fill, after accidentally removing it in Calendar on mac?

I accidentally removed the ability for my mac Calendar to auto-fill an email address that I use frequently for an invitee. How do I restore it?

Note - this same email is still auto-filled in my mac Mail as well as in my iPhone Calendar.

My mac is at Monterey 12.2.1

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 10:48 AM

Thank you for the reply Googmeister,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

This may seem like a simple step, but have you restarted your devices? Look here:

Restart your iPhone

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Let's also make sure both devices are up-to-date:

Update macOS on Mac

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try removing the contact from the contact from the Contacts app and re-adding it.

If you continue experiencing issues after that, please contact Apple directly to investigate:

Get Support

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 10:48 AM in response to Googmeister

Thank you for the reply Googmeister,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

This may seem like a simple step, but have you restarted your devices? Look here:

Restart your iPhone

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Let's also make sure both devices are up-to-date:

Update macOS on Mac

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try removing the contact from the contact from the Contacts app and re-adding it.

If you continue experiencing issues after that, please contact Apple directly to investigate:

Get Support

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Mar 13, 2022 9:58 AM in response to Googmeister

Hi Googmeister,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

If you have Calendar open and go to the Window drop down menu > Contacts, do you see your contact's address there? If it's not there, can you add it?

Please also see: Invite people to events in Calendar on Mac.

As you type a name or email address, Calendar tries to find a match in your Contacts and Mail apps, and on connected calendar servers. If you press Return before Calendar finds a match, or before you finish typing an email address, the invitee isn’t added.

After you enter two invitees, Calendar suggests the next invitee based on your previous interactions with people, such as who you often or recently invited together to the same meeting.

Let us know if that works.

Have a fantastic day!

Mar 13, 2022 10:37 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Thanks for the reply MichaelB2019.

Yes, I can see the email address in my contacts. It is my work email address, and often I will also duplicate my personal appts to my work calendar so that I avoid any conflicts between the two. I also have an additional 4 email addresses listed for me in Contacts. All of those auto-fill properly when I start to type any of them, as well as any other of my hundreds of contacts.

Currently, as I type the address, Calendar does not auto-fill this address, regardless of how many letters I type. I checked the link you provided. I'm all good there too.

This was working totally fine. However, I initially typed part of the address wrong when I entered it for the first time. Then, I entered correctly. So, anytime I started to type this address, both the correct and incorrect addresses would appear as options to select. I went to remove the incorrect one from auto-filling and accidentally removed the correct one. I then removed the incorrect one. At this time, I cannot remember what actions I took to remove these from auto-fill. I believe my removing the email from auto-filling is what caused the problem, as it is the only one I have an issue with, however I cannot figure out how to restore the functionality for this specific email address.

Restore an email back to auto-fill, after accidentally removing it in Calendar on mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.