Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone and Mac laptops are not synching with iMessages

My iPhone and Mac laptops have been in synch with Messages- until yesterday. When I send a message from either device- they are not synching. On Messages on my Mac- they are now coming from my icloud account- and NOT my phone number. On my iPhone- the message is coming from my cell #.

Messages coming from my Mac and iCloud is new as of yesterday. And my Mac and iPhoen dont synch ( thus if I send a message on my Mac- I do not see on my iPhone- and vice versa).

I go into preferences in Messages on my Mac and can not see my phone number- or a way to add it???

Thoughts?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 6:48 AM

See the article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

Read If you can’t send or receive messages on your Mac - Apple Support

Set up Messages on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 6:48 AM in response to MarkLongwell

See the article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

Read If you can’t send or receive messages on your Mac - Apple Support

Set up Messages on Mac - Apple Support

My iPhone and Mac laptops are not synching with iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.