Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with booklet printing in Preview on 2020 MBP M1 running Monterey

Suddenly, after installing Monterey, Booklet printing in Preview is barely functional. It will print booklets but they are in backwards order, with Page One printed on the left half of the page. The fold/gutter is to the right of Page One, meaning that if I want to read it like a book, I must start reading from the back with the spine on the right side, and turn the pages from left to right, opposite from normal.

I have tried to research this in the community, but couldn't find anything similar. I have Double sided ON, entered 2 in Layout/pages per sheet, Short-edge binding ON, Booklet printing ON, and I have tried all of the layout directions in the Layout menu:

... and it shows the different layouts in the preview, but it still prints the same - backwards. Page Order does not work at all in the print preview. I tried reversing thew order of the pages:

but that didn't work either.

Please restore functionality that has been lost! This was built-in and working fine, but has now vanished. I don't want to use a 3rd party app to do what was so easy in the past!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 6:55 PM

sparklebrain,

Thanks for keeping us updated! We're glad to hear that was able to resolve the issue.

Feel free to reach back out to the Apple Support Communities if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 14, 2022 6:33 AM in response to sparklebrain

Hey sparklebrain,

We're happy to help! Make sure your that your printer is using the latest driver provided by Canon: Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Color imageCLASS LBP623Cdw -- Even though this version shows it's for a Mac on macOS Catalina, it was recently updated.

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support -- If the driver was already up to date or didn't resolve the issue, see if these steps provided in the macOS User Guide helps.

Please let us know the results when you're able by replying to this post.

All the best.

Problem with booklet printing in Preview on 2020 MBP M1 running Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.