Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an IPad Pro with a displayport

Is it possible to use an to run an external monitor though a display port cable, attached to a Dell D6000 Hub with a USB C connection to my IPad Pro? I’ve tried HDMI, which worked, but due there only being two HDMI ports available (which I want to use for other things) I want to run the IPad through display port.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 3:46 AM

Your second generation iPad Pro has a Lightning port - and therefore does not support DisplayPort (or more precisely, DP Alternate Mode). The Lightning port does, however, support connection to an monitor’s HDMI Interface using an appropriate Lightning to HDMI adapter.

For iPad, DP Alternate Mode is currently only supported by the fifth generation iPad Pro models.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 3:46 AM in response to HenryOpenshaw

Your second generation iPad Pro has a Lightning port - and therefore does not support DisplayPort (or more precisely, DP Alternate Mode). The Lightning port does, however, support connection to an monitor’s HDMI Interface using an appropriate Lightning to HDMI adapter.

For iPad, DP Alternate Mode is currently only supported by the fifth generation iPad Pro models.

Mar 13, 2022 3:39 AM in response to HenryOpenshaw

From your product list (under your question), it appears that you have an iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd generation, which should have a lightning port. But in your description you're talking about a connection via USB-C with the Dell hub. How does it work? are you using a lightning to USB-C adapter?

Given that I don't know that Dell D6000 dock, if it works using HDMI and assuming that dock has a specific displayport, it might work, but I can't test it.

Perhaps Dell support team can give you the appropriate answer. I suggest that you contact them and ask.

Regards

Giulio

Using an IPad Pro with a displayport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.