Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does an iPod nano 7th Generation work with Monetary?

PLEASE READ BEFORE REPLYING!

I've been trying to find a simple answer to this all over the place but unfortunately everything I have found so far is either a link to a generic instruction page (usually from Apple themselves) or a forum/reddit discussion where people are getting into complex terms.

So, keeping it simple, here is my situation, problem and what I want to know

Situation :

Last week I bought a new MacBook Air, brand new so it's using all the latest stuff including, obviously, Monterey.

In the next few weeks I am planning on buying a second hand 7th Generation iPod Nano for the reason of the convenience of it's size. Yes I am aware there are later/different iPod models similar in size, but I'm settled on the iPod Nano 7th for my own reasons.

Problem :

Obviously given the years of difference between the two pieces of hardware I am not expecting the Nano to be perfectly compatible with the new MacBook Air, but before I settle on buying the 7th Gen Nano I want to know the following :

What I Want To Know :

1. Will I (with the correct adaptors of course) be able to connect the 7th Gen Nano to my new laptop to have it show up in the Apple Music app?
  2. Will it then let me drag and drop my music (MP3 added to my Library, NOT from Apples subscription service) audiobooks (again that have been manually added the Library) and playlists onto the iPod without issue?
  3. Will the podcast function on the Nano still work/connect to the iTunes Store, or is that now an obsolete connection?

On a final note I should also say that of the 3 above question it's more important that it can do the first two over the third, so if the podcast function isn't possible then that's not the end of the world.

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 7:08 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 14, 2022 8:48 AM in response to CaptainJimiPie

Hey CaptainJimiPie,

Yes, you should not have an issue using an iPod nano with macOS Monterey. With macOS Monterey, you can still sync your iPod Nano 7th generation but you will use Finder instead of iTunes. In Finder is where you will find the options to sync your music collection, podcasts, and other desired options. Check out the resources below for more of an overview.

Intro to syncing your Mac and your devices. This article includes a helpful screenshot of what you should expect to see once you connect your iPod to your Mac and open it in Finder.

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad. This article provides you with steps on how to use Finder to sync your content to your iPod.

Sync podcasts between your Mac and iPhone or iPad. This article provides you with an overview of syncing Podcasts to your iPod using Finder.

And if for any reason your iPod nano does not appear in Finder when you connect it, check out: If your device doesn’t appear in the sidebar when connected to Mac

Best regards!

Does an iPod nano 7th Generation work with Monetary?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.