Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app - not available in country or region

When I click to play anything on my Apple TV app it will say not available in your country or region? This just happened a few days ago. I’ve been able to watch everything before that. Not sure what to do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 6:00 AM

I’m able to watch the same movies with no problem on my app until i try to connect my phone via airplay to my samsung TV, i only have this problem with the Apple TV app. The error “ not available in your country or region“ appears which is really weird since my IP is the same address as where im actually at. Kinda frustrating.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 6:00 AM in response to NessaLD

I’m able to watch the same movies with no problem on my app until i try to connect my phone via airplay to my samsung TV, i only have this problem with the Apple TV app. The error “ not available in your country or region“ appears which is really weird since my IP is the same address as where im actually at. Kinda frustrating.

Apr 23, 2022 6:20 AM in response to NessaLD

I have multiple smart TVs and the error always occurs on an LG. The geographical location matches all other devices. Sometimes switching off the router for a few minutes helps, sometimes taking the TV off the power for a few minutes helps. It simply has to do with a lousy TV app. There are no problems with Samsung and no problems with iPads, iPhones and Macs.

Mar 30, 2022 5:36 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The geolocation is correct (I am in US) and matches the address in my apple account and everything else Apple knows about me. But like the NessaLD, everything I try to watch on Apple TV+ cuts out after 45 seconds or doesn't load and I get the unavailable for my country or region message. I have tried this on my MacAir and my iPhone and get the same error message.

Apple TV app - not available in country or region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.