Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message app

2020 MacBook Air, OS12.2.1, Messages will receive but will not send messages ,except to the immediately prior received message.

Restarted MacBook Air. Opened Messages app. Logged in with Apple ID. Outbound message cannot be sent.

All other comm. apps work as they should.

Your help is appreciated

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 12:27 PM

Hello riktexan,

Thank you for your reply. The Text Message Forwarding setting is found on your iPhone under Settings > Messages. You can find more information here: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

Take care.

3 replies

Mar 15, 2022 12:20 PM in response to jmarse1

So far, none of the "solutions" have worked. Following from your document, I have done all the items under "Try these first."

"This user is not registered with Message." said to make sure Text Message Forwarding" is set up and my iPhone is on. Where is "Text Message Forwarding?" My iPhone is on.

I cannot send messages except when I am responding to a message that was sent to me. Then, Messages works as advertised. I cannot originate any messages.

Message app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.