Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I HAVE A MBP 14 INCH 2021 WITH M1PRO BUT CANNOT FIND HOW TO CONNECT A SECOND EXTERNAL DISPLAY

HOW DO I CONNECT A SECOND EXTERNAL DISPLAY TO MY MBP 14 INCH 2021 WITH M1PRO?

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 7:21 AM

Hey, you have couple of options to connect external display to your MacBook 14 . First you have to know that the M1 pro chip support up to 2 external display not include the MacBook display.

The options to connect external display is as follows:

1) usb type c to usb type c or displayPort or HDMI cable. It depend of what connections your monitor support.

note: if your display support power delivery with type c connection it will charge you pc in the same time.

2) MacBook Pro 14 and 16 have HDMI port in the right side of the laptop so you can connect by HDMI cable.

note: HDMI port in the MacBook Pro 14 and 16 is HDMI 2.0.

3) You can buy Thunderbolt 3/4 dock and by Thunderbolt cable connect the dock to your laptop and from the dock to the monitor.

note : MacBook Pro 14 have thunderbolt 4 but thunderbolt 3 will work also.

Hope that was helpful you can also find in Apple Support youtube channel and others channel great guilds for connecting external display.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 7:21 AM in response to MICHAEL_PC

Hey, you have couple of options to connect external display to your MacBook 14 . First you have to know that the M1 pro chip support up to 2 external display not include the MacBook display.

The options to connect external display is as follows:

1) usb type c to usb type c or displayPort or HDMI cable. It depend of what connections your monitor support.

note: if your display support power delivery with type c connection it will charge you pc in the same time.

2) MacBook Pro 14 and 16 have HDMI port in the right side of the laptop so you can connect by HDMI cable.

note: HDMI port in the MacBook Pro 14 and 16 is HDMI 2.0.

3) You can buy Thunderbolt 3/4 dock and by Thunderbolt cable connect the dock to your laptop and from the dock to the monitor.

note : MacBook Pro 14 have thunderbolt 4 but thunderbolt 3 will work also.

Hope that was helpful you can also find in Apple Support youtube channel and others channel great guilds for connecting external display.

I HAVE A MBP 14 INCH 2021 WITH M1PRO BUT CANNOT FIND HOW TO CONNECT A SECOND EXTERNAL DISPLAY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.