Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to return my Mac book air to the factory setting I deleted the hard drive and lm trying to reinstall OS X. There is nothing in the box where I am to select the disk. Not sure what to do any suggestions?

I’m trying to return my Mac book air to the factory setting I deleted the hard drive and lm trying to reinstall OS X. There is nothing in the box where I am to select the disk. Not sure what to do any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:01 AM

Was this method from Apple User >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Then us this method from Apple >> How to reinstall macOS This will require a working Internal Connection. For best results us an Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 2:01 AM in response to Need-Help10

Was this method from Apple User >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Then us this method from Apple >> How to reinstall macOS This will require a working Internal Connection. For best results us an Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.