Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro not charging

Not charging I bought brand new apple charger still not working

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 9:23 AM

MacBookpronotcharging wrote:

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Support for your product, help with order placed, help making a purchase

https://contactretail.apple.com/Help

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 9:23 AM in response to MacBookpronotcharging

MacBookpronotcharging wrote:

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Support for your product, help with order placed, help making a purchase

https://contactretail.apple.com/Help

Mar 14, 2022 9:49 AM in response to MacBookpronotcharging

MacOs has a feature called optimized charging that will determine how you generally use the laptop and will only charge the laptop to the charge level that it thinks you need. When it reaches the determined charge level it will say that it is not charging.

You can turn this feature off in Settings > Battery > Go to Battery on the side bar of the Battery pane > uncheck optimized charging. If the laptop starts charging after you have turned this setting off then that means there is likely no physical issues with the battery or charger it's just that setting.

This setting is there to help extend the battery's life span. See this Apple support article: About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support, for more info about it.

Hopefully that helps!

MacBook Pro not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.