Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to use my (Late 2009) 27 inch iMac as a display for the new Mac Studio?

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to use my (Late 2009) 27 inch iMac running High Sierra as a display for the new Mac Studio?

And what could be a reasonable alternative now Apple seem to have discounted the 27 inch iMac product line.

Cheers!

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 3:25 AM

GreatJay wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to use my (Late 2009) 27 inch iMac running High Sierra as a display for the new Mac Studio?

No

And what could be a reasonable alternative now Apple seem to have discounted the 27 inch iMac product line.

Depends on budget of course but anything from the 24" M1 iMac to an M1 Mac mini + an Apple or third-party 27" monitor, etc.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 3:25 AM in response to GreatJay

GreatJay wrote:

Hi Everyone,

No

Depends on budget of course but anything from the 24" M1 iMac to an M1 Mac mini + an Apple or third-party 27" monitor, etc.

Is it possible to use my (Late 2009) 27 inch iMac as a display for the new Mac Studio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.