Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

INSTALLATION OF MAC MONTERAY ON MY MACBOOK AIR

The Update says that Mac Monterey cannot be updated on a Mac HD drive. What do I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 12:59 PM

This message will normally appear on Macs that are too old to accept the installation of Monterey, but it would help to know the exact message that you are seeing.

Check your Mac to see if it meets the requirements for Monterey:

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

If you are not sure about which Mac model that you have........

Click on the Apple icon at the upper left corner of the screen

Click on About This Mac

Check to see what version of Mac that you have and what year your Mac model was introduced

If your Mac is too old to meet the requirements for Monterey, the answer to your question about what to do would be.....nothing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 12:59 PM in response to MrGrey2017

This message will normally appear on Macs that are too old to accept the installation of Monterey, but it would help to know the exact message that you are seeing.

Check your Mac to see if it meets the requirements for Monterey:

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

If you are not sure about which Mac model that you have........

Click on the Apple icon at the upper left corner of the screen

Click on About This Mac

Check to see what version of Mac that you have and what year your Mac model was introduced

If your Mac is too old to meet the requirements for Monterey, the answer to your question about what to do would be.....nothing.

INSTALLATION OF MAC MONTERAY ON MY MACBOOK AIR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.