Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 15.4 battery drain

Anyone else being asked to replace their battery after the latest ios update?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 7:41 PM

You cannot check Battery Health on an iPad. Which version of iPad Pro do you have? If an Apple Advisor did a remote check on your battery and said it needed to be replaced, then I would consider replacing it. They are able to diagnose the health of the battery and if it is more than a couple of years old, it very well may need to be replaced. But as I said earlier, the files on the iPad will need to be reindexed from the update and I would check it after the time I indicated and see if it still discharges quickly. You can check in Settings>Battery and see what app or apps are using the highest percentage of battery and start your troubleshooting there. And if necessary, reach back out to Apple for assistance.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 7:41 PM in response to delia292

You cannot check Battery Health on an iPad. Which version of iPad Pro do you have? If an Apple Advisor did a remote check on your battery and said it needed to be replaced, then I would consider replacing it. They are able to diagnose the health of the battery and if it is more than a couple of years old, it very well may need to be replaced. But as I said earlier, the files on the iPad will need to be reindexed from the update and I would check it after the time I indicated and see if it still discharges quickly. You can check in Settings>Battery and see what app or apps are using the highest percentage of battery and start your troubleshooting there. And if necessary, reach back out to Apple for assistance.

Mar 14, 2022 3:19 PM in response to delia292

Your profile indicates that you have an iPad 2 with iOS 9. What exactly are you experiencing? When updating to a new iOS, understand there are a number of tasks that need to be accomplished in the background that will use more battery for a period of time. Wait for 24-48 hours and it should settle down, depending on how much data you have on the device.

You can also try Force Restating the iPad if you wish, but if the tasks are not completed, it won't really help. Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Mar 14, 2022 7:27 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi no there was no error. I just noticed that my battery was not holding its charge very well after the updates of the ios. It went down 30 per cent rapidly. I spoke to an apple adviser who did a check and said it was old and needed replacing. I know its oldish but i did not have this rapid loss before the update. Also to test it i closed the ipad down overnight and charged it up. When i checked it the battery had increased to 100 per cent. I always keep the ipad on charge whilst i use it. At present it is 52 per cent. I have not been using it much. Just to do a bit of drawing. Apple have upset me by ignoring everything i have said and just repeating i need new battery. Or before saying that i had to install the update. There have been other issues as well since updating. I really wish i had not listened to them in the first place. All these so-called improvements with the ios have not improved anything as far as i am aware

iPadOS 15.4 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.