Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is "Unknown accessory found"?

What is this, see enclosed, that shows on the screen of my Iphone? I have seen it several times today. Swedish translation of the text: "Time sensitive
This item has been moving with you for some time. the owner of the item can se where it is."

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:59 PM

This is an AirTag warning that a device is moving with you. See this for more information. What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 14, 2022 3:05 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

If you own AirPods, it is likely your AirPods and they are temporarily having issues communicating with the Find My network.

From https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212227:

If AirPods or a Find My network accessory is detected but the Find My app has issues connecting to them or to the server at that time, this alert is displayed: Unknown Accessory Detected. This alert will display only if a set of AirPods or a Find My network accessory is detected near you, not an AirTag. These could be borrowed AirPods, or AirPods inadvertently left behind by a friend or family member. 

EDIT: Sorry, meant to reply to OP

What is "Unknown accessory found"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.