Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud photos

When I try to turn on iCloud Photos on my phone... I get a pop up that says, "Photos and Videos Synced from finder will be Removed... 12,126 photos and videos will be removed." How do I get the 12,126 photos and videos to be able to upload to iCloud.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 4:49 PM

Those are photos/videos that were synced to your phone from a Mac.

One option is to also turn on iCloud Photos on your Mac and the photos will sync from it to iCloud and then back to your iPhone. Another option is to AirDrop the photos from your Mac to your iPhone and they will then sync to iCloud. See the information in the "What if some of my photos and videos are missing after I turn on iCloud Photos?" section of Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 4:49 PM in response to Kate0110

Those are photos/videos that were synced to your phone from a Mac.

One option is to also turn on iCloud Photos on your Mac and the photos will sync from it to iCloud and then back to your iPhone. Another option is to AirDrop the photos from your Mac to your iPhone and they will then sync to iCloud. See the information in the "What if some of my photos and videos are missing after I turn on iCloud Photos?" section of Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Mar 14, 2022 5:14 PM in response to FoxFifth

The issue is that my MAC stopped working, everything would take literal days to do such as; updating the computer, opening the photos app, transfering the photos from iphoto to photos... just opening the photos app on my macbook would take two days. the loading circle just kept spinning. That is why I had to manually sync my photos from the macbook to my phone. Is there a way to save the 12,126 photos and videos to the icloud without using the MAC?

Mar 14, 2022 6:04 PM in response to Kate0110

Not that I know of. If you turn on iCloud Photos on the iPhone, those photos will be deleted from the phone and will not be synced with iCloud (as the warning message stated). The only options that I know of involve using the Mac as described in my previous reply.

Is your Mac still not working?

Do you have a backup of your Mac from when it was working?

ICloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.