Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I charge my IPhone 12 every night?

Hi

I recently got a brand new iPhone 12, and since the battery is still really fresh, I was wondering if it’s necessary to charge it when I go to sleep even if it’s at around 70 percent.

Should I use the battery a little bit more?

Or should I charge it when it’s still high when I go to bed to get it in the optimized charging cycle?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 6:30 PM

Hello~ Yes you should..it is better to do so. Your iPhone cannot over charge and automatic updates can occur overnight while charging and connected to WiFi so you are ready to go with a fully charged battery everyday. Also take a look at this excellent user tip written by * Lawrence Finch * as he explains this much better than I could. Enjoy your new iPhone 12.

When to charge your iPhone or iPad

~Katana-San~

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 6:30 PM in response to RyanK39

Hello~ Yes you should..it is better to do so. Your iPhone cannot over charge and automatic updates can occur overnight while charging and connected to WiFi so you are ready to go with a fully charged battery everyday. Also take a look at this excellent user tip written by * Lawrence Finch * as he explains this much better than I could. Enjoy your new iPhone 12.

When to charge your iPhone or iPad

~Katana-San~

Should I charge my IPhone 12 every night?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.