Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off 2FA?

I travel a lot and once in a while I forget my phone somewhere as I am a collage student. Without 2FA my life would be so easy. I can’t sign into my DoorDash account on the spot nor any Apple ID accounts and it is really frustrating. I have a very secure password so getting hacked isn’t a problem for me. I’ve contacted support and am waiting for response. Anyone got a method or anything I can do to turn it off. Reading forums apple said once it’s turned on you can’t turn it off but it was about 2.5 years ago it was said. If anyone has the answer please say!!

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 7:00 PM

The answer you already have is the correct one. It cannot be disabled and is required for a number of services (Apple pay, messages in iCloud, Home Kit, iCloud Keychain, etc).

It has nothing to do with DoorDash or third party online service accounts though.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 7:00 PM in response to patrick_kos

The answer you already have is the correct one. It cannot be disabled and is required for a number of services (Apple pay, messages in iCloud, Home Kit, iCloud Keychain, etc).

It has nothing to do with DoorDash or third party online service accounts though.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security.”

How do I turn off 2FA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.