Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My External Hard drive goes to sleep for no reason.

Hi,

I have two Lacie Hard drives thunderbolt 1 (Lacie BIG + Lacie d2) connected through daisy chain. I used to work these drives with a Mac Pro 2014 until a couple of months ago.

Things were Preety straight forward - going to energy settings I just had to uncheck the "put the hard drives to sleep when possible" and the hard drives never sleeps.

Now I got a new MacBook 16, and obviously using an Apple thunderbolt 1 to thunderbolt 3 adapter to connect my hard drives.

So again, settings are correct - "Put hard drives to speed when possible" unchecked.

But one of the two drives (the Lacie BIG - which is the one connected to computer) keeps sleeping.

Anybody has a similar problem??

Many thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 5:38 AM

Many have had this issue which is discussed in another link. Most are using a free app that keeps the drive spinning. Like this one: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/31158/keep-drive-spinning

Similar questions

2 replies

My External Hard drive goes to sleep for no reason.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.