Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, my MacBook Pro is lock. I enter my password but it says my account is locked. How can I unlock it?!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 7:54 PM

If you have an Intel Mac, then try a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM Reset for at least two chimes). If it is an M1 Mac, then try rebooting the Mac.

You can try resetting the user account password:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

Otherwise, I believe you will need to take the Mac to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with valid proof of purchase & ID so they can remove the disablement. We have had to do this with several of our organization's Macs recently.

Do you have another admin user account available which may help you resolve the issue with the main user account? If not, then you can try creating a new admin user account using this guide:

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admi… - Apple Community

Or you could perform a clean install and restore from a backup.

Is this Mac being being managed by a school or business?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 7:54 PM in response to Ehsan0311

If you have an Intel Mac, then try a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM Reset for at least two chimes). If it is an M1 Mac, then try rebooting the Mac.

You can try resetting the user account password:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

Otherwise, I believe you will need to take the Mac to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with valid proof of purchase & ID so they can remove the disablement. We have had to do this with several of our organization's Macs recently.

Do you have another admin user account available which may help you resolve the issue with the main user account? If not, then you can try creating a new admin user account using this guide:

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admi… - Apple Community

Or you could perform a clean install and restore from a backup.

Is this Mac being being managed by a school or business?

Hi, my MacBook Pro is lock. I enter my password but it says my account is locked. How can I unlock it?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.