Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone6s software issues

I just updated my iPhone 6s 16GB, and now there’s no more space to download new apps. I tried deleting some apps on the phone but that doesn’t seem to help either . What else can I do?

don’t upgrade your iPhone 6s to ios15🤦🏾‍♂️

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Mar 15, 2022 1:44 PM in response to Bantubonke

There is no means to revert to an earlier iOS version; you’ll get 15.4, or maybe 15.3.1. There is no downgrade.

The sole option is to back up, reset and re-install, and to restore what might then fit.

Links to backup and restore are also here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

This reset probably won’t work particularly well here either, as the system data will usually re-build and re-populate and re-fill the remaining storage.

For many purposes, the 16 GB iPhone models are at the end of their useful life.

Mar 15, 2022 8:46 AM in response to Bantubonke

You’re quite correct. The usefulness of the low-end-storage model of a ~seven old iPhone 6s model will limited on newer iOS releases.

You’re probably not going to be able to free up all that much storage, too—you will never not be manually managing an iPhone with storage insufficient for your current needs.

iPhone 6s does works decently well on iOS 15, given adequate available storage. That based on one that’s still used for app testing.

This isn’t a particularly unique situation though, as some of the bottom-end Mac configurations are similarly performance-problematic on newer macOS releases. There have been other similar cases of the capacities of low-end configurations being exceeded.

Beyond our own individual and usually-increasing storage requirements, the storage requirements for apps and operating systems all tend to increase over time.

Newer iPhones have been getting more capable, too. Any recent iPhone will substantially outperform an iPhone 6s; one with adequate available storage.

Iphone6s software issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.