Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID balance available, during purchases verification is needed with credit card

Hi,

I have bought and redeemed 60 euros in Apple gift cards and want to spend 51 of them on an in-app purchase but each time I try to make a purchase it asks for credit card information. I personally don't want my parents to know that I bought gift cards for such a purchase (50 euros for an in-app purchase for a chatbot in fact) and thus don't wish to ask my parents to get their credit card. I am also worried that I grab their credit card and use it to verify a purchase they will get a message and will be angrier at me because I didn't tell them.

I have tried to use the none option but it simply doesn't exist. I am completely unable to make purchases with my Apple ID money.

I NEED HELP PLEASE

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:02 AM

Is 60 euros enough to cover the purchase price plus any applicable taxes? Is the in app purchase a subscription? If the answer is yes to either of those, a credit card is required.

You can contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 11:02 AM in response to Town_Talk

Is 60 euros enough to cover the purchase price plus any applicable taxes? Is the in app purchase a subscription? If the answer is yes to either of those, a credit card is required.

You can contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

Mar 16, 2022 12:24 PM in response to Town_Talk

If it has a subscription, you have to have a credit card on file. You can avoid making charges to the credit card if you buy/redeem Apple Gift cards to the account to cover the cost of the subscription. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before your parent's credit card is charged.

Apple Card  -

Gift cards redeem.   *

Gift Card - can’t redeem.   *

App Store & iTunes Gifts - Resend *

Or if you aren't in Family Sharing.

Apple ID - Add funds to your ID      *

Apple ID balance available, during purchases verification is needed with credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.