Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit Devices Say "No Response" to remote access.

My Homekit devices were working fine when I accessed them remotely on my iPhone. Now they always say "No Response" to my phone; however, I accessed them remotely today from my Nissan dealer, using the dealer's WiFi and my iPad. Remote access worked fine. I can't find any difference in the settings on the two devices. I also tried powering down and restarting the phone, but that didn't change anything.

I can access the devices with my phone if I'm at home and on the same WiFi network as they're on (2.4 GHZ).

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 8:40 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Fang1944!

We understand you are having trouble accessing your smart home accessories from your iPhone. We'd be happy to provide information that may help you resolve this.

If you were using mobile data when you were trying to control your devices, it's possible that the option for the Home app was blocked from using it. Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll all the way down to the Home app to make sure the switch is enabled and showing green.

Let us know the results.Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Fang1944

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Fang1944!

We understand you are having trouble accessing your smart home accessories from your iPhone. We'd be happy to provide information that may help you resolve this.

If you were using mobile data when you were trying to control your devices, it's possible that the option for the Home app was blocked from using it. Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll all the way down to the Home app to make sure the switch is enabled and showing green.

Let us know the results.Have a great day!

Homekit Devices Say "No Response" to remote access.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.