Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Student Family Plan Discount

I am currently an apple music user with the student discount but i want to share apple music with someone else. is there a discount for students who want to use family plan or would i have to pay the family plan?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:24 AM

There is no "student family plan" option. You either subscribe to an Apple Music Family plan or a student plan. See the footnote at the end of the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section in:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 10:24 AM in response to xoprrl

There is no "student family plan" option. You either subscribe to an Apple Music Family plan or a student plan. See the footnote at the end of the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section in:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

Student Family Plan Discount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.