Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call history for a specific contact

Is there a way to see the call history for a specific contact without having to scroll all the way through all my recent calls? Would love to have their history paired with the contact itself in my contacts.

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 9:56 PM

I'm not interested in having to research this with my carrier any time I want to know some history. The data is in my phone (until I chose to delete it), it's just not conveniently sorted and accessed.

I'm looking to do this right on my phone at the point in time where another unknown number call has just come in (when did this number last call me, and how often?) It's a way of guarding against someone being stalker-ish, or reviewing how often someone has tried to reach me (or vice versa.) I could do it easily on my previous phone (an ancient flip phone!) Each number still in 'recents' had a single tap link to all connected history for the same number (completed in or out, and missed calls.) If a contact had multiple numbers, clicking the most recent call log history tag pulled up all the related calls in a list as far back as the recent file went (usually about 30-60 days worth.)

It seems as though Apple doesn't see the value in having the recent call data sorted and available by number, despite how easily it could be done with a bit of software. I've submitted the feedback. If there isn't anther easy way to do this, I guess I'll be considering Android phones further.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 9:56 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I'm not interested in having to research this with my carrier any time I want to know some history. The data is in my phone (until I chose to delete it), it's just not conveniently sorted and accessed.

I'm looking to do this right on my phone at the point in time where another unknown number call has just come in (when did this number last call me, and how often?) It's a way of guarding against someone being stalker-ish, or reviewing how often someone has tried to reach me (or vice versa.) I could do it easily on my previous phone (an ancient flip phone!) Each number still in 'recents' had a single tap link to all connected history for the same number (completed in or out, and missed calls.) If a contact had multiple numbers, clicking the most recent call log history tag pulled up all the related calls in a list as far back as the recent file went (usually about 30-60 days worth.)

It seems as though Apple doesn't see the value in having the recent call data sorted and available by number, despite how easily it could be done with a bit of software. I've submitted the feedback. If there isn't anther easy way to do this, I guess I'll be considering Android phones further.

Apr 7, 2022 5:05 PM in response to JessS19

I've had my first iPhone for less than a week, and the weird organization of recents and history is already making me crazy. Doing a search here and elsewhere, it's obvious this is an issue for a lot of folks.

I have submitted my feedback (your link is for website feedback, but it has a redirect to the product feedback page.)

My follow-up question -- has anyone found an app that organizes call history info differently?

Call history for a specific contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.