Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

I changed my Apple ID now my apps will not update. Do I have to delete all iPhone apps set up under old Apple ID before I can update?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:28 AM

Hey joebee41,

Can you tell us what happens when you try to update your apps? Are you encountering an error message or something else? We ask because more details can help us determine what might be going on with your apps and Apple ID, along with providing possible next steps.

Did you change your Apple ID email address or did you create an entirely new Apple ID? If unsure, following the steps in this article is only changing the Apple ID email address: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support While the steps in this article shows creating an new Apple ID: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you haven't yet, you'll want to open the following article and ensure that you've followed all the steps inside: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support Following the steps will ensure that transitioning from one Apple ID email address to another (not a completely new Apple ID) will be seamless for your devices and Apple services.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 9:28 AM in response to joebee41

Hey joebee41,

Can you tell us what happens when you try to update your apps? Are you encountering an error message or something else? We ask because more details can help us determine what might be going on with your apps and Apple ID, along with providing possible next steps.

Did you change your Apple ID email address or did you create an entirely new Apple ID? If unsure, following the steps in this article is only changing the Apple ID email address: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support While the steps in this article shows creating an new Apple ID: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you haven't yet, you'll want to open the following article and ensure that you've followed all the steps inside: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support Following the steps will ensure that transitioning from one Apple ID email address to another (not a completely new Apple ID) will be seamless for your devices and Apple services.

Take care!

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.