Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water in speaker

How long do I have to wait for water in my top speaker to dry

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 1:17 PM

I'm assuming that by "top speaker," you are referring to speaker that you place your ear near when making calls. If that is the case, it basically will take as long as it takes for it to evaporate. I'm also assuming that you are not getting any liquid detection warnings.

To help "speed" up the drying process, place your iPhone face down on a paper towel. Leave it there (unpowered) for a few hours. Then closely examine the speaker port to see if you can still detect any liquid. If not, it should be safe to use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 1:17 PM in response to Mcfili

I'm assuming that by "top speaker," you are referring to speaker that you place your ear near when making calls. If that is the case, it basically will take as long as it takes for it to evaporate. I'm also assuming that you are not getting any liquid detection warnings.

To help "speed" up the drying process, place your iPhone face down on a paper towel. Leave it there (unpowered) for a few hours. Then closely examine the speaker port to see if you can still detect any liquid. If not, it should be safe to use.

Water in speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.