Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating My iMac

What do i do if Montery is not compatible with existing software ? Do I have to Upgrade?

I have a very old version of Word but use it all the time.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:00 PM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2022 10:25 PM in response to AKDice

AKDice Said:

"Updating My iMac: What do i do if Montery is not compatible with existing software ? Do I have to Upgrade? I have a very old version of Word but use it all the time."

-------

For Thought...

Run Word Through a Virtual Machine:

Consider using a Virtual Machine (VM) for Word (Windows-in-a-window). You would open items in it, use them right of that. All would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VM. Virtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMware Support. Look into using Parallels for a Mac with an M1 Processor.

Mar 17, 2022 2:40 PM in response to AKDice

Your version of Word has not been compatible with MacOS for the past few releases. You need to purchase a new license.

You can purchase a perpetual license from Microsoft for the newest Office suite. No subscription necessary. If you look around, you may find this on sale for $49.99.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/p/office-home-student-2021/cfq7ttc0h8n8?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Updating My iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.