Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - downloaded content not playing In offline mode

Hi, im working offshore with little and limited access to the WiFi - company firewall is blocking access to many Apple services onboard. I got some music downloaded on Apple Music but it will not play? Anyone know encounter similar AM behavior??

strange part is that this problem is only with Apple Loosless format files… my old downloaded albums in “mp3” play well…

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 5:25 PM

Hello RoWoBu,

We have a resource that shares information on lossless audio in Apple Music and how it works. While we cannot confirm what can be the cause of this issue occurring we do have some steps that can help. We'd like you to try the following steps to disable lossless on your device to help with isolating this issue:

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Tap Audio Quality.
  3. Tap Lossless Audio to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.

• Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz

• Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz

These steps can be found under "How to turn lossless on or off" in About lossless audio in Apple Music.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 5:25 PM in response to RoWoBu

Hello RoWoBu,

We have a resource that shares information on lossless audio in Apple Music and how it works. While we cannot confirm what can be the cause of this issue occurring we do have some steps that can help. We'd like you to try the following steps to disable lossless on your device to help with isolating this issue:

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Tap Audio Quality.
  3. Tap Lossless Audio to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.

• Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz

• Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz

These steps can be found under "How to turn lossless on or off" in About lossless audio in Apple Music.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Mar 16, 2022 10:54 PM in response to M_Alva523

M_Alva523

worked like a charm… loosless off and they play without problem… nevertheless I do enjoy the higher quality so if it is just a resource that gathers the usage data can it just store them until it could be synced properly and allow user to enjoy Loosless audio? That would be great:)

Nevertheless I can go back to my favorite tunes - thanks once again!

Apple Music - downloaded content not playing In offline mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.