Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos show up in a shared album but not my videos. What do I need to do?

How can I share my videos in a shared album? Photos I can but videos will not

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 8:30 AM

Bear in mind that when you share photos or videos they are converted to lower resolution versions. For videos this will take some time, plus they are large files so will take a while to upload after conversion. So it might be a while after you have shared them before they appear. You will also need to leave photos open and the mac on while this takes place.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 8:30 AM in response to JKMF53

Bear in mind that when you share photos or videos they are converted to lower resolution versions. For videos this will take some time, plus they are large files so will take a while to upload after conversion. So it might be a while after you have shared them before they appear. You will also need to leave photos open and the mac on while this takes place.

Mar 16, 2022 2:24 PM in response to JKMF53

No Idea.

Are they from an iphone12 or 13? Do you have the Dolby Vision HDR turned on. Does your mac support HDR Video?

Where is your library stored? If on an external drive, what is the format?

You could try is to restart your mac in safe mode and try to see if it works then.

If it does, then start normally and try again.

See:

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

My photos show up in a shared album but not my videos. What do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.