Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my password with my e-mail. How do I do it?

How do I recover my password that is connected with e-mail

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 10:29 AM

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you are asking about a email address that you use in Mail, go to the email provider's web site, and in the log in area there should be a Reset Password option.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 10:29 AM in response to RM2003-kg_Help

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you are asking about a email address that you use in Mail, go to the email provider's web site, and in the log in area there should be a Reset Password option.

Mar 16, 2022 10:00 AM in response to RM2003-kg_Help

Well, for a start, you could indicate WHICH password it is you're after.

Your Mac has a password

Your iPhone has a password (or, at least, as passcode)

Your AppleID account has a password.

Just about any interactive web site (banking, shopping, discussion forums, customer support, etc.) also has a password.

So for starters, knowing WHICH password you're trying to recover would help people point you in the right direction.

Now, second to that, if ANY site offers to send you your password, RUN, do not walk away. No site EVER, ANYWHERE should be able to send you your password. That's because if they do, they fail a basic tenet of internet security which mandates that sites should NEVER store unencrypted passwords, and the mere fact they can send you your password means they have an unencrypted copy of it.

What sites MAY do it send you password reminders (if you setup security questions), or some validated method to let you CHANGE your password to something new (e.g. an email link to your registered email address, a text message to your registered phone number.

However, the specifics of this depend 100% on the site whose password you've forgotten, which takes me back to my first question.

How do I recover my password with my e-mail. How do I do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.