Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating smart playlist on Apple Music based on language

Hi, my question is that is there a possible way to make a smart playlist which sorts/adds music to itself based on language?

E.g.: I download a French song and I want it to be added to a certain playlist where I collect good French songs automatically.

Many thanks in advance

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 2:10 PM

Pbrendon,

iTunes/Music has no idea what language a song is in, or if it is multiple languages or has no words at all. :-) But you can put the info into a field, such as Genre, and then key on that for the Smart Playlist.

For example, I have lots of tracks labeled French Rap, French Pop, etc. A Smart Playlist rule such as "Genre" "contains" "French" can pick them all up.

In my case I also match on "Genre" "is" "Cajun" and a few other things. It will depend how you have your songs tagged.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 2:10 PM in response to _pbrendon

Pbrendon,

iTunes/Music has no idea what language a song is in, or if it is multiple languages or has no words at all. :-) But you can put the info into a field, such as Genre, and then key on that for the Smart Playlist.

For example, I have lots of tracks labeled French Rap, French Pop, etc. A Smart Playlist rule such as "Genre" "contains" "French" can pick them all up.

In my case I also match on "Genre" "is" "Cajun" and a few other things. It will depend how you have your songs tagged.

Creating smart playlist on Apple Music based on language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.