Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac and Iphone

My Iphone keeps showing up on someone else’s Macbook Air 2017. Nothing I’ve seen scouring the Internet has shown any kind of solution, short of things I’ve already done that haven’t remedied the situation. How do I keep this from happening? It shows up on the Macbook’s BlueTooth connection screen, but I need BlueTooth to be enabled on my phone. I can’t turn it off, but I don’t want to show up as connectable to the Macbook.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 3:30 PM

DrakeAurellius Said:

"Mac and Iphone: [...]How do I keep this from happening? It shows up on the Macbook’s BlueTooth connection screen, but I need BlueTooth to be enabled on my phone. I can’t turn it off, but I don’t want to show up as connectable to the Macbook."

-------

Tried: "Forget this Device"?:

Disable Bluetooth and then forget this device (the Mac).

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Bluetooth
  3. Tap: the encircled (i)
  4. Select: Forget this Device
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 3:30 PM in response to DrakeAurellius

DrakeAurellius Said:

"Mac and Iphone: [...]How do I keep this from happening? It shows up on the Macbook’s BlueTooth connection screen, but I need BlueTooth to be enabled on my phone. I can’t turn it off, but I don’t want to show up as connectable to the Macbook."

-------

Tried: "Forget this Device"?:

Disable Bluetooth and then forget this device (the Mac).

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Bluetooth
  3. Tap: the encircled (i)
  4. Select: Forget this Device

Mac and Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.