Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store log in

I’m already logged into my App Store with the right Apple ID (the ipad used to be my dad’s so I had to log into another one) but when I update my apps it tells me to type my Apple ID password so I did but it tells me the Apple ID or password is wrong, I changed it (password) and tried again but it was still wrong (at this point I knew the Apple id was wrong but there was no button for me to change it) so I pressed the forgot password which goes to a page where it tells me to type my Apple ID but it automatically filled in my dad’s Apple ID but both my iPad and App Store was logged into my Apple ID, I tried to change it (the part where it automatically filled in my dad’s Apple ID into the new one but it just tells me to change my password at last, after I change my password it’s the same problem again, it just tells me either the Apple ID or the password is wrong but it wouldn’t let me change the Apple ID so what can I do?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 9:17 AM

Hello, SunooWifey.

It sounds like there might be a couple of things going on. First off, when your father used the iPad, he probably had his own Apple ID he used with it. While that Apple ID was logged in, the apps he downloaded were tied to it. So when it comes time to update the apps, the same Apple ID needs to be used to do so. Your options would be to log into his Apple ID to update the apps, then switch back to yours or (better option) delete and redownlaod the apps while logged into your Apple ID.

As far as possibly needing to reset the passwords, this article explains how to do that: If you forgot your Apple ID password.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 9:17 AM in response to SunooWifey

Hello, SunooWifey.

It sounds like there might be a couple of things going on. First off, when your father used the iPad, he probably had his own Apple ID he used with it. While that Apple ID was logged in, the apps he downloaded were tied to it. So when it comes time to update the apps, the same Apple ID needs to be used to do so. Your options would be to log into his Apple ID to update the apps, then switch back to yours or (better option) delete and redownlaod the apps while logged into your Apple ID.

As far as possibly needing to reset the passwords, this article explains how to do that: If you forgot your Apple ID password.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

App Store log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.