Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PHOTOSHOP AND MONTEREY SYSTEM ERROR -1703

After the last Monterey update, using Photoshop if I try to edit (by clicking twice on it) an illustrator file (or any other program) instead of opening the program, I get this error in a system window and not in photoshop:

“Cannot open the “Adobe Illustrator 2022” application.

I emphasize that illustrator is open, but the file NO, and give me the error.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 6:04 AM

aliendesign wrote:

After the last Monterey update, using Photoshop if I try to edit (by clicking twice on it) an illustrator file (or any other program) instead of opening the program, I get this error in a system window and not in photoshop:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0552ec10-5e0e-4277-b272-b579382c3135

third party software—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Adobe Help Center

Adobe/Customer service

1 (800) 833-6687

Adobe said it is a known issue and are working on a resolve...

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 6:04 AM in response to aliendesign

aliendesign wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0552ec10-5e0e-4277-b272-b579382c3135

third party software—

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Adobe Help Center

Adobe/Customer service

1 (800) 833-6687

Adobe said it is a known issue and are working on a resolve...

Mar 21, 2022 9:21 AM in response to leroydouglas

I have the same issue, when I double click a smart object that has been already pasted in psd file.

It can't be edited in Illustrator. The funny thing is that from Adobe support they have told that this is a know issue but I told

them that this happen only since yesterday and after the update to MacOS 12.3.

Please advice if you know something about.

Thank you.

Mar 25, 2022 10:34 AM in response to leroydouglas

So far none of the suggested fixes work for me. I have way to many projects in the works to open, save smart object as another file, when I have duplicates of same Smart Objects in one file to create apparel designs. Normally... when I edit one smart object, all the duplicates update but keep all their effect, filter, adjustsments. If I "save the smart object" as a new ".ai" file, everything else becomes a mess and file is useless. 

I also tried to re-install backwards to PS version 22.5.6 (2021) and it still is given me the same error.  So using older versions does not work.

Makes me think it may be more on MacOS update.... also the error message has a "Finder Icon" see attached.

Hoping for resolution soon... lossing days of work that is being put aside till fix. Thank you for everyone's help!! :-)

PHOTOSHOP AND MONTEREY SYSTEM ERROR -1703

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.