Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine

Time Machine backup fails continuously. Error message: Time Machine couldn't complete the backup to LaCie 2. Time Machine could not create a local snapshot to backup from.

I get the same error if I try backup to my other external drive: LaCie 1.

In the past several years, I've never had a problem. Possible causes, solutions?

Thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 7:28 AM

The issue may not be the Time Machine Backup Application. It may not be the External Drive either.

The issue may or may not be the Internal Drive does not have enough Empty Space to make or transfers the existing Snap Shot.

TM Backup makes Snap Shots even when the drives are not Connected. and especially if TM Backup is set to run every hours.

How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 7:28 AM in response to hrburger

The issue may not be the Time Machine Backup Application. It may not be the External Drive either.

The issue may or may not be the Internal Drive does not have enough Empty Space to make or transfers the existing Snap Shot.

TM Backup makes Snap Shots even when the drives are not Connected. and especially if TM Backup is set to run every hours.

How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac

Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.