Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer presets

printer presets

Hi -

I cannot work out how to change the default settings on my macbook pro. It's new, and I know that our printer does print double sided, but the default settings are all impossible to change. Things I have tried:

• printing from different apps
  • trying using instructions from previous posts to get to the "show details" in the print dialogue box - that option never appears. there is simply a "pdf" drop down menu, no "show details" menu.
  • I have tried going through the user settings on my computer and i can't even find a pathway that would take me to printer preferences.
  • I've tried removing and re-installing the printer. Nope, still no access to default pre-sets.

Frankly i'm utterly frustrated and it's led to a disagreement at home due to my grumpiness that will last through this evening. Great.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 12:18 PM

Generally, printer settings are changed via the printer: System Preferences > Printers. Not the OS.

Similar questions

1 reply

printer presets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.