Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to put a new printer on my mac air laptop Canon Pixma MG2522

how do i add a printer since my laptop don't have a place for the cd

hello is anyone here?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 4:31 PM

macOS includes native support only for AirPrint-enabled printers and multifunction devices. The Canon Pixma MG2522 is not among them.

Its specifications indicate it will only work on OS X versions from OS X 10.7 (Lion) through 10.11 (El Capitan).

Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support explains how to add a printer.

Unless you are willing to consider tedious and expensive workarounds, you should consider a new printer. Be absolutely certain it explicitly indicates AirPrint compatibility.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 4:31 PM in response to juliann69kd

macOS includes native support only for AirPrint-enabled printers and multifunction devices. The Canon Pixma MG2522 is not among them.

Its specifications indicate it will only work on OS X versions from OS X 10.7 (Lion) through 10.11 (El Capitan).

Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support explains how to add a printer.

Unless you are willing to consider tedious and expensive workarounds, you should consider a new printer. Be absolutely certain it explicitly indicates AirPrint compatibility.

I'm trying to put a new printer on my mac air laptop Canon Pixma MG2522

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.