Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use Family Sharing without being charged for family member’s app purchases?

I enabled family sharing for my girlfriend, so she has access to my Apple One subscription, giving her unlimited music and so on. But every time she purchases something through the App Store, I am charged for it. She is being very excessive with it, causing my bank account to go into the negative. I need a way to stop it without removing her from Family Sharing entirely, or buying gift cards (which is annoying). She needs to be responsible for her own purchases. What are my options?

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 4:20 PM

See Turn off purchase sharing in the support document How to share purchases with your family

This will require members to use their own payment method. Apple notes too that When purchase sharing is turned off, you can continue to share subscriptions like Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade.

1 reply

How can I use Family Sharing without being charged for family member’s app purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.