Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t send group messages

I can only send group messages to a all iPhone group chat, but not a group chat with an other phone

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 6:14 PM

Go to Settings>Messages>Make sure that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging is turned on. If it is, then contact your carrier to tell them to check your account to make sure that you have SMS/MMS active on your account. If they say yes, tell them you cannot send a group SMS/MMS. That is their feature and they have to troubleshoot it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 6:14 PM in response to E_472

Go to Settings>Messages>Make sure that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging is turned on. If it is, then contact your carrier to tell them to check your account to make sure that you have SMS/MMS active on your account. If they say yes, tell them you cannot send a group SMS/MMS. That is their feature and they have to troubleshoot it.

I can’t send group messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.